Learn how to prepare homemade high protein bars. A very easy and quick recipe for protein bars, without glycerin preservatives and sugars.
- 3 ½ cups (650 grams) of oat flakes
- 1 ½ cups ( 300 grams) milk powder
- Four tablespoons ( 40 grams) protein powder flavored with chocolate or vanilla
- Two fuzzified egg whites
- One Tablespoon maple syrup without sugar
- ¼ (50 ml) natural orange juice
- One teaspoon vanilla powder
- ¼ Cup (50 ml) natural apple juice
Preheat oven to 160 degrees and grease the pan for baking. Mix the oat flakes, milk powder and protein in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the egg whites, orange juice, apple juice, vanilla and maple syrup. Liquid mixture add it to the dry mixture and mix well. The mixture should be thick and similar to dough for cookies. Pour the mixture into a baking tray and bake until edges are crispy and brow. Cut ten plates and place them in fridge. Leave it for around 30 minutes. With peanut butter and protein shake you will get a balanced and quality meal.
Time for preparation : 20 minutes
Nutrtional facts per bar :
- 157 Calories
- 15g Protein
- 23g Carbohydrates
- 5g Fat
- 4g Fibres
If you want them more juicy add ½ more cup of natural apple juice.
You can also nuts if you want, but will increase the calorie intake.